The French Embassy in Canada, the French Consulate in the Atlantic Provinces and the Société Nationale de l’Acadie are opening the 2020 call for projects campaign for the France-Acadie Fund.
Created in 2007, this fund aims to preserve and foster the French language and Francophone culture in Acadie, strengthen exchanges between France and Acadie, as well as mutual knowledge between the two peoples. To do this, the Fund finances projects relating to educational and university cooperation, youth, the arts and culture.
To be eligible, the projects must be of common interest to France and Acadie.
Find all the information about the fund in the Press release
The modalities of admissibility of the projects are :
– Each application must come from one or more non-profit organization(s) ;
– The organizations must be established in one of the four Atlantic Provinces of Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador) ;
– The organizations that have received a grant in the last two years are not eligible ;
– Under no circumstances can the grant be used to fund a salary ;
– The project must be completed by March 31, 2021 (the entire grant received must be used before this date) ;
– The France-Acadie Fund reserves the right to request any supporting accounting document ;
– The project leader undertakes to provide a report at the end of the project, the forms of which will be specified at a later date ;
– In the context of a global pandemic, projects involving a gathering of people will have to detail several options.
– Deadline for submission: September 30, 2020
To apply :
Please fill up the form in French and send by email or mail to the two contacts below, before September 30, 2020.
Chloé Saulas Consulat Général de France dans les Provinces Atlantiques
777 Main Street, suite 700
Moncton, N.B. E1C 1E9
Émilie Caissie, Société Nationale de l’Acadie
224 rue St-George, Moncton
Moncton, N.-B. E1C 0V1